Robin is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS). He has additional training in clinical hypnosis, Brief and Strategic Therapies and Eye Movement De-sensitisation and Re-processing (EMDR).
Robin Trewartha's areas of interest in counselling include:
* Trauma and anxiety management
* Occupational stress
* Aggression and anger management
* Couples and family work
His comoany provides a range of services. These include:
* brief and long term counselling for individuals, couples and families.
* psychological treatment for issues relating to anxiety and stress management. Robin has a particular interest in trauma management and had additional training in Eye Movement De-sensitisation and Re-processing.
* Robin has many years experience working with couples and families.
* psychotherapy: this treatment is often used for the treatment of more complex family and life issues, such as childhood abuse and neglect. This treatment is likely to continue for a minimum of several months.
* clinical hypnotherapy: a brief therapy helpful in the management of anxiety and phobia.
* life coaching or mentoring: some individuals, more particularly professionals, find that their issues are less personal and more inter-personal, or professional. For example, have concern about communication styles within their work team. Help in these situations is best regarded as solution-focussed in order to achieve change through specific aims and objectives. Different techniques, mainlyl those of adult education, are used to help you make progress.
* professional supervision: all practising therapists are required to have supervision from a peer. Both Robin and his partner, Dr Christina Mason, have certification in supervision and many years experience in this field.
* clinical teaching: Christina Mason has experience as a teacher in higher education and her own research degree; a PhD in medical sociology. She is regularly involved with counselling and psychotherapy trainees in a teaching, examining and supervisory role. Robin has many years experience in Higher Education teaching and current involvement in professional training and supervision.
* medical legal reports: Robin Trewartha has the Bond Solon/Cardiff University accreditation in Medical Legal report writing and has occasional involvement in the completion of medical legal reports for courts.
* research support: any trainee on an advanced counselling or psychotherapy course is required to undertake research.Support and supervision for this mayvbe provided within a training establishment. Christina Mason is well placed to provide additional advice and guidance on research method, research systems and appropriate writing and editing skills.
* Cognitive behavioural therapy. Recognition of this one specific therapy by the medical profession through the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) has raised the profile of therapy. Robin and and Christina have experience and training in applying this model of therapy (which is only one of many).
All our work begins only after an initial assessment and we provide a free initial assessment to assist you make your own decisions about the therapy most suited to your own needs. This enquiry can be undertaken by Skype calls in many instances.