Parenting consists of many activities and responsibilities that come with raising a child until they're an adult and can take care of themselves. Whether one or two parents are involved in raising children, there are many difficulties that come with the whole process. Here at GoMentor.com, you can find both therapists and coaches that can help with the many issues that face modern parents. There is nothing wrong with getting a little assistance. Parenting is an important part of society that allows us to gradually become better and better as generations pass.
Issues for Parenting
There are many different issues that face parents these days, but here are some of the more common issues facing 21st century parents:
- Empty Nest Syndrome - When children grow up and leave the home, it can be quite a change for some people, possibly leading to depression or other mental problems.
- Discipline - Learning the best balance to use when disciplining a child is an important part of being a parent. Discipline concerns the use of instruction, practice, and punishment to help a child become a balanced, well adjusted adult.
- Responsibility - This concerns teaching a child to be accountable for their actions. Learning to be responsible is an important part of being a positive contributor to society.
- Behavior - Sometimes parents need a little help dealing with certain types of behavior in children. The specifics may vary from family to family, but learning to control bad behaviors is easier than many think.
- Parenting Toddlers - It is important to know the specific needs of children in the toddler stage of development so that they can get everything they need to grow up healthy.
- Parenting Children - As children grow, their needs change slightly. Learning to raise balanced, bright, and happy children is a difficult task, but an important one to avoid problems later in the child's life.
- Parenting Adolescents - The teen years are some parents’ worst nightmare. The truth is that parenting a teenager isn't as difficult as some think, especially if the parents have the right tools and techniques to deal with the teen behaviors that may appear.
- Adoption - When parents adopt a child, there are many issues that must be dealt with. From when to tell the child they're adopted to what to do if they start asking questions, there are many circumstances that may arise with adoption. Being prepared is the best way to deal with them.
- Infertility - Whether infertility is affecting a man or a woman in a relationship, it can cause quite an emotional strain even on the best of relationships. Coaching and therapy can be helpful for couples dealing with infertility issues.
Coaching and Therapy for Parenting Issues
Here at GoMentor.com, we understand that people are busy and don't have time to sit through long sessions of therapy after spending time driving there and coming back. This is why we have developed online therapy and coaching for parents who need a little help dealing with the stress of raising teenagers or any of the other many issues that face parents today. On GoMentor.com you can book online sessions with trained therapists and coaches who specialize in parenting issues, and can give the guidance and support needed to turn a potentially bad situation into one that is positive - or at least not dangerous. Parenting today can be quite a task, even for those who are naturally inclined toward parenting. This is why we believe it is so important to help parents by giving them the information they need to do a better job raising their children.
Definition of Parenting
Parenting is the task of supporting and encouraging the emotional, intellectual, physical and social development of a child from infancy until adulthood. This is one of the most difficult tasks a person can face, whether they have a partner helping or not. This is why therapy and coaching are recommended to help with any parenting issues that may arise.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Parenting
- Feelings of worthlessness