I am a Medical Doctor and Psychotherapist.
In medicine, I worked for many years as a Plastic Surgeon, which gave me a wide range of experience of working with people’s dissatisfaction, non-acceptance with themselves and a huge desire to change their body. What these patients don’t know is that they cannot change the way they feel about themselves by just changing their appearance. It was the desire to help those people making a real change in their lives that drove me to the study of Psychotherapy.
I received my medical qualification from “Escola Bahiana de Medicina e Saúde Pública (Salvador-Brazil) in 1989. I subsequently received my Psychotherapy Training from different sources globally.
As a Psychotherapist I work with a humanistic approach. I have got training in Transactional Analysis, Integrative Psychotherapy, Jung Therapy, Psychosomatic Medicine and I am also a Master in Neuro-Linguistic Programming. I have a relational, talking approach; based on the ongoing relationship with my clients. It’s focused on the commitment to your well-being. The therapeutic relationship is unique, unlike any other relationship. It is being with someone who cares about you, respects you, shares your pain, celebrates your success, supporting your growth and healing. My role as an experienced therapist is to offer you a psychological environment in which the relationship itself supports and encourages change, bringing to awareness the deeper unconscious elements that have remained unseen. My approach works well online and face to face.
I am a member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), ITAA (International Transactional Analysis Association), UNAT-BR (Transactional Analysis Association of Brazil) and IIP International Integrative Psychotherapy Association. In addition to English, I also speak fluent Portuguese.
I hold a core belief in the process of self-healing and the self-regulatory capacity of each individual.
Whereas counselling is often sought in times of crisis, psychotherapy tends to be a much deeper and longer process, which is designed to enhance personal and self-development.
Benefits of online therapy
- It takes place at a time convenient to you with no notice required, you just log on to the website and type a message whenever it suits you.
- You have the option to remain anonymous.
- It can be less intimidating and there is no stigma attached.
- Maybe you are very busy, working or studying long hours, or travelling and cannot commit yourself to a regular face-to-face appointment. Or you may be housebound for some reason or caring for small children, elderly parents and cannot spend time away from home.
- Whatever your reasons or life style, psychotherapy or counselling online can be positive for you, as it is: affordable, private, safe and available worldwide.