Hannah is a coach, trainer and published author with over 15 years Sales & Marketing experience. She is a qualified coach and a Chartered Marketer.
Prior to becoming a professional coach, Hannah worked in Sales & Marketing and by 26 was running the Marketing department of a national retailer reporting directly to the Chief Executive.
As Head of Marketing she has managed multi-million pound marketing budgets, advertised on TV, on radio and in the press. She has also worked agency-side and in media sales, which gives her an excellent understanding of how Marketing departments and agencies can work effectively together.
Other experience includes B2B and B2C Sales, Marketing Campaign Management – TV, Press, Magazine and Radio Advertising, Internet Marketing (SEM and SEO, Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC) and Affiliate Programmes), Website Design, Direct Marketing, CRM, Tele-Marketing, Business Development, Internal Marketing and Comms, Budget Management, Promotional and Sales Analysis. Management of agencies and suppliers – design, copy writing, list buying, print buying.
Qualifications and Memberships
Hannah gained her 2:1 BA (Hons) in Business Studies from Kingston University and specialised in Marketing. She is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and a Chartered Marketer. She qualified as a Coach with The Coaching Academy with a course that is accredited by the OCN. Hannah is a member of the International Coach Federation and abides by their Code of Conduct.
Hannah is a published book author (Niche Marketing for Coaches, Thorogood 2007) and writes for business and professional publications. She has been featured in magazines such as The Marketer, B2B Marketing, Solicitors Journal, Start Your Own Business, and Business Network, as well as consumer magazines such as Zest. She is a popular seminar speaker and has appeared at events such as the Business Start Up Show. She is a mentor through the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s mentoring scheme supporting ambitious Marketing professionals.
Prior to becoming a professional coach in 2004, Hannah led and managed her Marketing teams through periods of considerable change when the organisations were under budget-restrictions, and individuals and departments were under intense pressure to achieve targets. This involved a high level of facilitation in cross-functional meetings and management away-days. She has relevant, practical experience and brings a holistic view of business, allowing individuals and teams to serve their customers well, be they internal customers or external customers. She has a knack of cutting through jargon and assumptions to reveal the real issues and has excellent communication skills.
Hannah’s client list includes AXA Insurance, Allen & Overy, Canada Life, Cobra Beer, The Children’s Society, Damac Properties, Pinsent Masons (law), Rooks Rider Solicitors, Breytenbachs Solicitors, EMB (actuarial consultancy), Expert Witness Institute (professional association), Go Pensions (pensions & HR consultancy), Business Link London, and Croydon Chamber of Commerce, as well as a number of small business owners and private individuals. Hannah is a provider for Leadership & Management Development under the Learning and Skills Council’s Train to Gain programme, plus she was the Chair for the Cluster Action Team for Wandsworth Borough Council, Lambeth Borough Council and Southwark Borough Council on a project called London B2B Net funded by the London Development Agency (LDA).
Here is a small selection of assignments which Hannah has worked on recently.
Coaching & Mentoring:
• Managing Director of book publishing company – coaching and mentoring on marketing key titles to the right audience
• Group Marketing Manager of specialist publishing company - coaching and mentoring on settling into new role, time management and dealing with a very different culture.
• Marketing Manager – career coaching to help with finding work after redundancy in particular a role which would offer her the chance to spend more time with her son
• Managing Director of pensions consultancy - coaching and mentoring on leadership, managing teams, conducting appraisals and interpersonal skills.
• Managing Director of events company – coaching and mentoring on marketing strategy and business development
• Sales Director of food and drink business - coaching on goal-setting, strategy and decision-making.
• Managing Director, Client Services Director and Technical Director of a software company - coaching focused on developing their Leadership Skills, particularly leading their teams through a period of considerable change as the company restructured.
Workshops and Seminars:
• ‘How to be more commercial’ – co-presented an open training course for Marketing professionals on how to budget effectively, build relationships with Sales and Finance, and improve the profile of the Marketing department internally
• Led a 3-day ‘Away Day’ for a Marketing department (20+people). Outcomes were that they translated the Corporate Plan into a departmental plan, team plans and personal development plans, with a robust strategy for internal and external communications.
• Sales and Negotiation Skills Training for Cobra Beer – 25 sales people
• Business Development Seminar for mid-sized law firm.
• Facilitated series of sessions on Succession Planning for Managing Director and their successor within HR and training consultancy firm, assisting them to devise the business and marketing strategies for the coming years
• Marketing Training, Internet Marketing Training and Negotiation Skills Training for small business owners, sponsored by Croydon Chamber of Commerce.
What people say about working with Hannah McNamara:
“Hannah is a talented listener who coaches the answers from within your self. She helped me to get clarity on the person who I wish to be - both personally and professionally. She has a strong business background and gave me sound advice regarding some very important life changing negotiations that I was involved in at the time.”
Paul Andrews, Sales Director
“Hannah, while very personable was also extremely professional in every interaction. It has taught me that there are more subtle ways to achieve what we need as a business and I need as an individual than a full frontal assault, all guns blazing. I think I am a better manager and I am definitely a better leader and comments colleagues and friends have made confirm this.”
Simon Davis, Managing Director, CRM Software Company
“Hannah is an insightful person and can easily translate and communicate (a rare talent) her business experience into practical guidelines for other businesses to adopt.”
Alissa Lang, Business Development Director, Vircom
“A great course. It helped me understand the importance of other departments within my organisation, especially the finance department”
Daanish Zaki, Marketing Manager, AXA Insurance
“Hannah McNamara was excellent at guiding (us) … through the various options that should be considered from our individual perspectives, setting achievable marketing goals, explaining the pitfalls and marketing terminology, so that a firm direction could be set and developed in the future. The day definitely helped me fill in a few of the gaps in our own marketing strategy, and helps the options we can put forward to others too. If the opportunity arises, this is definitely worth attending, I thoroughly recommend!
Michael Mursell - Managing Director
www.afishinsea.co.uk - Design solutions for print and web
“Hannah is a first class professional and innovative entrepreneur who displays a refreshingly high level of personal intergrity throughout all her business activities. An expert communicator with natural warmth and a great sense of humour she helps bring out the best in people - a pleasure to work with.”
Paedra Sohrens, Marketing Consultant