+45 5373 2150
Create user Login United kingdom Denmark

Cola!

One2One Sessions

We've compiled a small guide that describes how you get started on One2One Sessions, no matter whether it's therapy or coaching.

1. Find all therapists, psychologists and coaches with a particular specialty.
  2. Choose the therapist, psychologist or coach that matches your needs.
  3. Choose the service you are interested in from the selected professional.
  4. Find and book a time that suits you.
  5. Pay online with your credit or debit card to complete your booking.
Please click here to read more about how One2One Sessions work.

thumbs up
thumbs down
Flag as spam
BenJF says:
27 Jan 2011 | 08:50:32
Hello

Okay, I have a reallysilly situation here.. I’m a Cola-holic.. I know it’s stupid and I hope I haven’toffended anyone in here. But really, I have a problem of drinking too much CocaCola, but I can’t stop. If I don’t get my daily or… no my 6 daily Colas I getseriously tired. I’m ashamed, that I can’t make a day without the stuff….. ANDit has to be Coca Cola, Pepsi or something wouldn’t do. I even sometimes bringmy own coca cola, in case they don’t have it at the place I’m going to. Too much??!!I often also drink cola with my breakfast… hmmmmm.. I love cola!! Unfortunately,it’s starting to show on my teeth.. I have to stop, at least cut down on it…..but….

Ben

thumbs up
thumbs down
Hayley Daniels-Lake says:
27 Jan 2011 | 09:06:12
Hi Ben,

You haven't offended me at all and it's not stupid. You wouldn't be the first time I've talked to someone with the beginnings of an addiction to Cola although not as pronounced as your addiction sounds.

I know you've listed this under coaching but I personally feel that although I would be happy to work with you if you were interested it would not be as a coach, it would be as a therapist to deal with your addiction if that was what you wanted to look at first, which by the sounds of it it is. To me, coaching and addictions, even if the addiction is a legal substance, cannot work together.

Then, after this, if there were other areas of your life you wanted to look at we could look at coaching.

Hayley

thumbs up
thumbs down
Flag as spam
Sarah Taylor says:
27 Jan 2011 | 09:33:57
Hello Ben

I would also suggest that you go and get your blood sugar levels checked at the doctor's, just to rule out any signs of diabetes.

Sarah

thumbs up
thumbs down
Nigel Lewis says:
28 Jan 2011 | 18:45:26
Ben
this might sound a bit silly to you but bear with me. There is a cordial like drink that can be mixed with sparkling mineral water and with a little help from the imagination can be passed off as cola.
I have successfully persuaded weight loss clients to try it with positive results. It is a authentic drink from the Carribbean called Baldwins Origional Sarsaparilla. It is believed to be beneficial to health by Caribbean locals but when mixed with sparkling water in a pint glass can be an excellent substitute for cola.

Nigel

thumbs up
thumbs down
Flag as spam
BenJF says:
31 Jan 2011 | 11:12:15
Hi everyone..

Thanks for your responses.
Hayley: Thanks for your advice and yes, I just posted this here, cause I had no idea who to contact..
Sarah: ….. Good idea, maybe I should get that checked as well. I’m actually really skinny, but could I have diabetes anyway??!!!
Nigel: No ****!! Where can I get that stuff?? I would definitely give it a shot!!

Ben - the Cola-Holic

thumbs up
thumbs down
Hayley Daniels-Lake says:
31 Jan 2011 | 12:02:35
Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to us. I know this question was aimed at Sarah but it is possible to be skinny and diabetic so it's worth getting that checked.

I understand about posting here because you didn't know who to choose I just wanted you to be aware that addictions wasn't something I saw as being compatible with coaching. As I said though I would be happy to work with you as a therapist but it may be worth trying Nigels idea first to save money if nothing else!

Hayley

thumbs up
thumbs down
Flag as spam
Alexandra (Alex) Hawkins says:
31 Jan 2011 | 12:17:29
I am concerned that Caffine may be the problem here. If so please be careful coming off the cola as it will need to be slow as your body will react.. I am happy to help you .. Good luck

thumbs up
thumbs down
Sarah Taylor says:
31 Jan 2011 | 21:45:02
Yes, Hayley, I agree - you can definitely be skinny and diabetic.

I also think Alex has a valid point: if you drink that much Cola, you're almost certain to go into caffeine withdrawal if you stop it immediately, or go on to a non-caffeine substitute. Rather taper it off, and switch over gradually.

-- Sarah

thumbs up
thumbs down
Flag as spam
Nigel Lewis says:
1 Feb 2011 | 20:12:56
Ben the only place I get it from Is Tesco's on the counter where they sell Gluten free products and health food. As for the caffeine withdrewal. The medical community has recently taken caffeine withdrawal quite seriously. It is estimated that one in eight people will experience symptoms that will interfere with ability to work or function for at least a couple of days. Researchers in 2004 suggested including caffeine withdrawal as a verifiable condition in the Diagnostic and Statistics Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). However, caffeine withdrawal is seldom dangerous, though it can make one uncomfortable for a few days . Every October I detox I call it Detoxober and I get headaches which I seldom get normally.
But I am not into caffeine in such a way that you suggest you are so I would agree with Hayley and Sarah unless you feel you can tough it out to make the change of behaviour quick and effective. There are lots of techniques you can use to avert cravings if you chose to do it that way.

thumbs up
thumbs down
hypnotherapy_sheffield says:
7 Feb 2011 | 13:11:53
Nigel Lewis wrote:
Ben
this might sound a bit silly to you but bear with me. There is a cordial like drink that can be mixed with sparkling mineral water and with a little help from the imagination can be passed off as cola.

If Ben is wanting to stop it might be better to focus on stopping completely rather than finding a substitute. But looking at less damaging alternatives it in some way suggests that it is necessary to drink something that is or resembles cola when it obviously is not necessary. hypnotherapy is a great way of looking at habits/addictions and finding ways of stopping them.

thumbs up
thumbs down
Flag as spam
Nigel Lewis says:
8 Feb 2011 | 16:06:22
hypnotherapy-sheffield,
I was not suggesting a complete substitute. I am a clinical hypnotherapist as well as a coach so I had my coaching hat on when I made that suggestion. I was offering an option of an alleged healthy alternative as opposed to less damaging. My feeling was that Ben was not saying he wanted to give up coke for life! So my thinking was that by using a substitute you can still have some of the thing you want to cut down, but limit the damaging behaviour without having to making drastic behavioural lifestyle changes. I agree with the others that it is probably the caffeine that is the problem so from the facts we have here there is not enough to go on to make sweeping suggestions. If you use hypnotherapy would that prevent the physical withdrawal symptoms? I would agree completely with you if we were talking about alcoholism or drug addiction but not sure this is at that level i.e. that Ben should never touch a drop of coke again for fear of being unable to control it.
edited by Nigel Lewis on 2/8/2011

thumbs up
thumbs down
Kathy Yvanovich says:
11 Apr 2011 | 15:01:49
Hi Ben,
By the time you read this I do hope you're managing to drink more nutritious drinks than Coke/ Coka Cola, and are seeing the positive benefits show in your health and teeth.
If you're still struggling with this, contact me and we'll do some great NLP techniques (neurolinguistic programming) or EFT, to give you the edge, any time, as well as conquer this awful habit. Googling The Ecologist magazine for past issue's fantastic article on Coke, its history, manufacture, addictiveness and dreadful health results would also raise your awareness.
Good Luck!
Kathy Yvanovich
coaching@themindbodyandsoulcoach.co.uk

BenJF wrote:
Hello

Okay, I have a reallysilly situation here.. I’m a Cola-holic.. I know it’s stupid and I hope I haven’toffended anyone in here. But really, I have a problem of drinking too much CocaCola, but I can’t stop. If I don’t get my daily or… no my 6 daily Colas I getseriously tired. I’m ashamed, that I can’t make a day without the stuff….. ANDit has to be Coca Cola, Pepsi or something wouldn’t do. I even sometimes bringmy own coca cola, in case they don’t have it at the place I’m going to. Too much??!!I often also drink cola with my breakfast… hmmmmm.. I love cola!! Unfortunately,it’s starting to show on my teeth.. I have to stop, at least cut down on it…..but….

Ben

thumbs up
thumbs down
Flag as spam
Yvonne Hinckesman says:
11 Apr 2011 | 18:47:57
Well, what a response!!
Hello Ben,
If all else fails, then you could try the visual effect and see exactly what it is you are consuming.
Apparently one can of the fizzy stuff contains NINE teaspoons of sugar.
Carry a few kilo bags of sugar around with you if you feel the withdrawal symptoms. I believe it will be a good prod in the gut to say "Do I really need this?" If you try that, then maybe I can do it with potatoes, as I would like to wean off them. The cordial sounds really nice so I might try some myself. Good luck anyway, and contact me if you would like on-going support. Yvonne

thumbs up
thumbs down
Paige James says:
15 Apr 2011 | 09:39:39
Hi Ben

I have worked with many people with addictions in the past and have had fantastic results.
As established you have a caffeine addiction which can be an awful problem, its the reason your feeling tired as your body has passed the threshold of it keeping you awake. as if you take too many headache pills eventually they stop working.
I found in tescos the other day COLA SQUASH around 65p which does not contain caffeine and has over less than half the calories of coca cola.

There you are saved money already. Addiction is addiction and in my coaching training i learned how to coach the client not to be addicted anymore, coaching is a good way of getting to the root cause of the reason why the addiction began in the first place without dragging up the past...
if you would like a free session i would be happy to talk to you and maybe over time come up with a strategy plan i think a couple of sessions would do the trick its all about babysteps and affordability and i can assist in both areas

look forward to hearing from you

regards
paige
Home » Coaching » Cola! » Cola!
We use cookies on this website. To use the website as intended please... Accept cookies