About Claudia S. Martins
I devote my time to counsel teenagers, couples and adults in general issues. I am a Counsellor with a Graduate Membership of BPS (The British Psychological Society). I work as a Counsellor for ABRAS (the Brazilian Association in London). I aso work as a volunteer for FPWP Hibiscus (Female Prisoners Welfare Project).
You can choose to have sessions in English or Portuguese, I'm fluent in both languages.
I truly believe (and recommend) that talking about your problems can make you feel better, no matter what your problem is. Book your appointment and you'll check for yourself. ;-)
There are many benefits from psychotherapy/ counselling. Here is a list of the major ones:
- you can see the best side of yourself
- You can learn to let go of past mistakes and move on to the future
- Your feelings of helplessness can be changed into feelings of competence.
- You identify the thoughts and feelings that are really troubling
- You unlearn the chronic avoidance of certain thoughts and feelings
- step by step you can confront your problems and feel better
- You learn to live with your memories. You learn from the past and not about running from it.
- In the therapy session there is a feeling of safety and containment.