Work / Life Balance
While working hard is an admirable trait, some people take it too far, hurting their loved ones. On the other hand, there are others who have trouble getting motivated and making time for a job or career. This can be just as disastrous. Online life coaching here at GoMentor.com can help with both these situations. By achieving a balance between life and work, there is a greater chance of being happy and healthy. There are many methods and techniques that can be used to create this balance, but many people have trouble getting started, especially if they have been working too hard (or not hard enough) for a long period of time. Breaking old habits can be tough, but it is possible with the right support and guidance.
Typical problems with Work / Life Balance
- Too much work
- Too much partying
- Interpersonal problems
Benefits of a Life / Work Balance
- Less Stress - Working too much can lead to stress, which can take a physical and emotional toll on the body. Finding a balance between work and rest can reduce stress.
- Healthier Living - Working an "all-nighter" may get you ahead a little in the business world, but is it worth the physical harm to your body? Those who have a balance in their life tend to lead healthier lives overall.
- Family Time - Less time with work means more time with the family. For those without their own family, it can mean more time with parents or having time to actually go out and look for a relationship.
- More Enjoyment - All of the other benefits, when added together can mean more enjoyment from life. There will still be ups and downs, but learning to work in moderation can have many positive impacts on a person's life.
Finding a Balance Between Work and Life
It may at first seem like a really simple task to separate work and life into equal portions, but it is rather complicated. The good news is that there are some simple tips to help with separating a career and life.
- Priorities - Thinking about the real priorities in life sometimes helps people to step back from the rat race long enough to realize that even if they're getting ahead quickly, they're not enjoying it. Setting priorities down on paper and sticking to them can help with finding a life / work balance.
- Appointments - If needed, schedule time with the family and don't break it - even for an "important" meeting. If you've been to one meeting, you know none of them are really that important - or at least not more important than life outside of the workplace. Writing the family or friends into the calendar and treating them as seriously as a work appointment is a good first step.
- Set Limits - When people give themselves less time for work - a more normal 40 hour week for example - they tend to be more efficient and accomplish more than if they had worked 60 hours. Setting a limit on work and sticking to it can make you more productive with the time you do have.
These are really basic fundamentals of finding a balance between life and work, but there are many more practical tips and advice available.
Online Life Coaching for a Better Life and Work Balance
Here at GoMentor.com, you can get help from coaches who offer online life coaching to help with finding a balance between life and work. These highly trained coaches specialize in this issue and can even help the most determined "work-a-holic" find a better balance in life. Whether the reasons are health related or deal with the sometimes empty feeling of working too much - not to mention exhaustion - having a life coach can give the emotional support and practical advice needed to succeed in finding a better work / life balance. Sign up to GoMentor 24/7 today and get confidential online coaching to help you find the right balance between life and work.