I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Sleep Disorders. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
Whether it is a lack of sleep, excessive sleep, or disturbed sleep, there are many disorders that affect this necessary part of human life. The causes of sleep disorders vary from person to person, but they generally have to deal with various physical or psychological causes. Beyond not getting enough rest, there are other risks associated with sleeping disorders. This is why we have developed online therapy for sleep disorders here at GoMentor.com. Before showing how you can get help with sleep problems, here is some other information about sleep disorders that you may find interesting.
Types of Sleep Disorders
Sleep disorders are broken up into two main categories depending on how they affect sleep. Below are some quick facts about dyssomnias and parasomnias.
- Dyssomnias - These disorders center around problems with excessive or disturbed sleep patterns. They deal with sleep or being awake.
- Primary Insomnia - Sleeplessness that cannot be attributed to medical or psychological reasons. Drug abuse or use of medications is also not present.
- Primary Hypersomnia - Excessively deep or long sleep periods.
- Narcolepsy - Excessive sleepiness during the day, including sudden "sleep attacks."
- Breathing-Related Sleep Disorder - Sleep is disrupted by irregular breathing patterns.
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder - Waking up and going to sleep at different times.
- Unspecified Dyssomnia - When a person shows symptoms from several dyssomnia sleep disorders.
- Parasomnias - These disorders revolve around unnatural behaviors, emotions, dreams or movements before, during or just after sleep. They are disorders that affect the transition between sleep and being awake.
- Nightmare Terror - Bad dreams during REM sleep involving fear or terror that cause a person to wake completely from sleep. People typically clearly remember the dream and the source of the fear.
- Sleep Terror Disorder - Unlike nightmares, people with sleep terror disorder only awaken partially after having bad dreams that occur during non-REM sleep, although they may be more vocal. Also, there is usually no memory of what was so frightening in the dream.
- Sleepwalking Disorder - When a person has motor activity while sleeping.
- Unspecified Parasomnia - If someone exhibits symptoms from different parasomnias but it cannot be tied to one, this is the diagnosis used.
Causes of Sleep Disorders
Sleep apnea - or trouble breathing during sleep - is the only sleep disorder that is definitely known to be hereditary. Biological factors are thought to play a role in other sleep disorders, however. Other causes may include mental or physical illnesses or even old age. Medications may also cause sleeping disorders. Whatever the cause, there are various symptoms that will appear with these types of disorders.
Symptoms and Dangers of Sleep Disorders
As with the causes, the symptoms of sleep disorders are going to vary when it comes to specifics, but they primarily affect a person's sleep pattern in various ways. The basic dangers of sleep disorders are that they can affect the amount of rest you get each night, which can cause problems making it through the day. Others may develop other mental disorders, like depression, because of their inability to sleep normally.
Treatment for Sleep Disorders
While the exact method of treatment is going to vary depending on the exact type of sleep disorder being dealt with, here at GoMentor.com, you can find trained therapists who specialize in all types of sleep disorders. They can help give the information and guidance needed to handle sleep problems. You can also consider participating in our forum, you emotional support. For some, this is the little bit extra that helps them get through their sleep problems so they can lead a more normal and healthy life.
Definition of Sleep Disorders
Sleep disorders are difficulties related to sleeping, including falling asleep, waking up during sleep, and other similar problems. Therapy and counseling are both helpful in treatment for sleep disorders.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Sleep Disorders
- Inability to fall asleep
- Daytime sleepiness
- Excessive sleeping during the day
- Disruptions while in REM sleep
- Sudden awakening from sleep
- Fear or terror at night
- Disruptions while not in REM sleep
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
I am a qualified hypnotherapist based in Brighton,...
I am a qualified hypnotherapist based in Brighton, and a full member of the British Institute of Hypnotherapy, I started my training in 2005, and am currently working privately as a hypnotherapist.
Welwyn Garden City
HEADING FOR A CRISIS?
Success with depression...
HEADING FOR A CRISIS?
Success with depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, anxiety attacks etc, through effective brief therapy.
Our reality is precious - stress can undermine it. Testimonials on website . . .
Dr Keith Hearne (www.keithhearne.com) famous psych...
Dr Keith Hearne (www.keithhearne.com) famous psychologist; world's 1st research 'lucid' dreams; invented 1st dream machine; Euro. Coll. of Hypnotherapy; much TV; 6 books. Dream interpretation, Premonitions, Hypnotic 'gastric band', etc
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties
Mental health nurses work with people suffering from different mental health conditions.