I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Seasonal Affective Disorder. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a mood disorder that causes mild depression. It usually affects people during the fall and winter seasons, hence its name. Symptoms of seasonal affective disorder are similar to those found with other forms of depression - a decrease in energy, increased appetite and weight gain, withdrawal from society and other negative behaviors. If left untreated, it may lead to a major depressive episode, which can further complicate matters. On GoMentor.com you can find, we know seasonal affective disorder is a real mental illness that affects many people every year. Before getting to how we can help with our online therapy, here are some more facts about seasonal affective disorder.
Symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Decreased energy and concentration during the day is a common sign of seasonal affective disorder.
- Cravings for carbohydrates are another symptom of this mood disorder.
- Decreased interest in life and depression that start in the fall or winter are strong signs of seasonal affective disorder.
- Increased appetite and weight gain commonly occur with people suffering from seasonal affective disorder.
- Increased sleep during the night and excessive sleepiness during the day are two other problems associated with seasonal affective disorder.
- Lack of energy and slow, lethargic movements are other signs of seasonal affective disorder.
- Withdrawal from society - including family and friends - is a sign of seasonal affective disorder.
Dangers of Seasonal Affective Disorder
One of the main risks associated with seasonal affective disorder is that it may lead to other, more serious types of depression when not treated. Other dangers include those that come with other forms of depression and range from being unable to function productively to suicidal thoughts or attempts. Before it gets out of hand, it is important to get proper treatment for seasonal affective disorder.
Treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder
Psychotherapy and guided counseling by trained therapists is recommended for treatment of seasonal affective disorder before it becomes an even bigger problem. On GoMentor.com, you can book online therapy sessions with professionals who know how to deal with all the issues that come with seasonal affective disorder. While it may not seem like a serious problem because the symptoms are generally mild, if not dealt with, they may turn into more major forms of depression. Treatment for seasonal affective disorder is a great way to battle the sadness that attacks you each and every winter.
Definition of Seasonal Affective Disorder
Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that occurs in relation to the seasons. The causes are thought to be lack of sunshine and Vitamin D. Symptoms of seasonal affective disorder include decreased energy, lack of interest in life, depression that starts in the fall or winter, as well as other physical and mental problems. Psychotherapy and counseling are recommended for the treatment of seasonal affective disorder.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Decreased energy and concentration
- Cravings for carbohydrates
- Decreased interest in life
- Depression - starting in fall or winter
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
- Increased sleep
- Excessive sleepiness during the day
- Lack of energy
- Slow movements
- Withdrawal from society
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
We are all unique, having differing experiences pr...
We are all unique, having differing experiences producing differing symptoms.
It is important I understand your personal case so I would need to talk with you for 40-50 minutes.
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Occupational therapist’s focus on enhancing people’s ability to perform activities of daily life, be it physically or mentally.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties
Mental health nurses work with people suffering from different mental health conditions.