I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Personality Disorders. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
When negative behavior has an effect on a person's overall life, it may be a sign of one of many different personality disorders. The symptoms will vary quite a bit depending on the exact disorder that is present, but in general they center around bad behavior that affects a person socially and in other ways in their life. While the exact causes are not known, various psychological factors are thought to play a role in whether people have trouble with personality disorders. Here at GoMentor.com, we offer online therapy that can help. Before learning more about that, here is some other information on personality disorders, including what causes them and the symptoms that may appear.
Types of Personality Disorders
These are the main types of personality disorders that may appear, including a little bit about them.
- Paranoid Personality Disorder - When a person is very distrustful and suspicious of others.
- Schizoid Personality Disorder - Causes a lifelong indifference to others and social isolation.
- Schizotypal Personality Disorder - Causes a person to exhibit odd behavior that has an effect on their social life and ability for healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Antisocial Personality Disorder - When a person to exploits, manipulate, and violate the rights of others.
- Borderline Personality Disorder - Unstable moods as well as problems with relationships.
- Histrionic Personality Disorder - Someone who acts dramatic in order to receive attention.
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder - A person who has an inflated sense of self-importance that has a negative impact on their life socially.
- Avoidant Personality Disorder - When a person exhibits shyness, thoughts of inadequacy, and too much sensitivity to rejection.
- Dependent Personality Disorder - Causes a person to depend too much on other people for physical and emotional needs.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder - A preoccupation with control, rules, and orderliness that leads to problems with interpersonal relationships.
- Unspecified Personality Disorder - When a person exhibits symptoms of several personality disorders at the same time.
- Enduring Personality Change - When personality changes due to psychiatric conditions last for more than two years.
Causes of Personality Disorders
While hereditary factors may play a small role in these disorders appearing, most people who are affected by them were abused physically or sexually during childhood. In some people, the past trauma can cause psychological issues that increase the chances of a personality disorder developing. Most people diagnosed with a personality disorder also have other psychological problems present, which may point to a relationship between the two. Whatever the exact cause, there are many symptoms that may appear.
Symptoms and Dangers of Personality Disorders
As mentioned, the symptoms of personality disorders vary quite a bit, but they generally revolve around behavior that has a serious negative impact on a person's life. For some people, it may be internal emotional problems like boredom or feelings of emptiness. For others, the symptoms may show themselves as outward negative behavior that can result in trouble with law enforcement. If not treated, other mental illnesses - like substance abuse - may develop. Depression is another risk when a personality disorder is not treated properly with psychotherapy. This is why getting treatment for personality disorders is so important when the symptoms appear.
Treatment for Personality Disorders
Here at GoMentor.com, we understand that people are hesitant to ask for help with personality disorders for a wide variety of reasons. This is why you can find therapists offering online therapy which makes it easier to get the help and assistance that's needed. From dealing with the symptoms of these disorders to learning methods to deal with the possible causes, the online therapists on GoMentor.com are trained to help with these types of problems. For some, this makes all the difference in treatment for personality disorders.
Definition of Personality Disorders
Personality disorders cause chronic, negative behavior patterns that can result in serious problems with relationships and work. Psychotherapy is recommended for treatment of personality disorders.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Personality Disorders
- Feelings of emptiness
- Avoidance of personal responsibility
- Constantly blaming failure on others
- Lack of guilt or remorse
- Fights, lies, and steals often
- Anti-social behavior
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
I am able to assist people through critical points...
I am able to assist people through critical points in life, and am an “integrative” counsellor. This allows me to use CBT, Psychodynamic, and Client Centered Therapy, depending on what the client wants, and what we agree is necessary.
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties
Mental health nurses work with people suffering from different mental health conditions.