I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Other Disorders of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
Other Disorders of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence
Besides those mentioned elsewhere here at GoMentor.com, there are other disorders of infancy, childhood or adolescence that can affect a whole family. From sibling rivalries to selective mutism to separation anxiety disorder, there are many different symptoms that may appear with these disorders, but they are generally easy to recognize so that a diagnosis can be sought. The online therapy available here at GoMentor.com can help with all of these disorders. Before making the choice to let a therapist help with disorders of infancy, childhood or adolescence, here is some other information that should be helpful in making the decision to let us help with treatment.
Types of Other Disorders of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence
These are the different types of disorders that also appear during infancy, childhood or adolescence.
- Separation Anxiety Disorder - A psychological condition that causes people to miss places or people so much that it causes excessive anxiety and other negative side effects.
- Sibling Rivalry Disorder - When sibling rivalry begins to have affects on a marriage, school, or relationships, it may be a sign of a bigger problem.
- Selective Mutism - A severe anxiety disorder that causes children who can usually communicate normally to "freeze up" in public or unfamiliar situations.
- Reactive Attachment Disorder of Infancy or Early Childhood - When a child's physical and emotional needs are neglected and they begin to have social interaction problems.
- Stereotypic Movement Disorder -Nonfunctional and repetitive motor behavior in children.
- Unspecified Disorder of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence - Symptoms appearing from several of the above disorders that can't be pinned down to one specific type are said to be an unspecified disorder of infancy, childhood or adolescence.
Causes of Other Disorders of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence
There are various causes for other disorders of infancy, childhood or adolescence, some of them are physical while others deal with the environment the child lives in, including parenting abilities. Most of the time, when mild symptoms appear for one of these disorders, nothing is done, causing the problem to escalate and get worse. Stress and trauma in a child's life may be other reasons they begin to have problems with one of these disorders.
Symptoms of Other Disorders of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence
The symptoms of these disorders are going to vary for the most part depending on the particular disorder being discussed, but in general they center around anxiety and other mental problems that may cause problems in social and academic settings. Repetitive movements - tapping for example - may also point to a disorder of infancy, childhood or adolescence. While the symptoms are going to be different, if any or all of them appear, getting a proper diagnosis and treatment is important.
Treatment for Other Disorders of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence
Here at GoMentor.com, we combine the power of trained therapists who specialize in these disorders with the communication power of the Internet. Online therapy, from the therapists listed on GoMentor.com, can help with all the symptoms of other disorders of infancy, childhood or adolescence before they lead to even bigger problems. Therapy and counseling have been shown to be very effective in dealing with these types of disorders. Having that therapy available online here at GoMentor.com is relatively new, but the knowledge and information about dealing with these disorders is the same that has been helping people for years.
Definition of Other Disorders of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence
A disorder of infancy, childhood or adolescence is one that doesn't fit into the other categories of related disorders found in children but has enough similar symptoms to be classified a different way. Therapy and counseling are helpful when dealing with disorders of infancy, childhood or adolescence.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Other Disorders of Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence
- Fear of being alone
- Severe anxiety
- Extreme, continual behavior problems
- Panic attacks
- Repetitive motor behavior
- Social interaction difficulties
- Sibling jealousy
- Strange speech
- Impulsive behavior
- Avoiding physical contact
- Learning problems
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
Solihull / Birmingham West Midlands
Many of the people I have seen for counselling hav...
Many of the people I have seen for counselling have talked about how difficult it was to pick up the phone and make contact. They have also said how much easier it was than they expected. Contact me now and see for yourself. Diane
I am a Family & Systemic Psychotherapist with over...
I am a Family & Systemic Psychotherapist with over 20 years experience. I offer telephone consultation on a wide range of issues concerning young peoples mental health, parenting and family relationships.
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties