I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Losing a Sibling. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
Losing a Sibling
When a person loses a brother or sister, it is a very emotional experience. In the case of twins it may be even more complicated and confusing. Depending on the exact circumstances surrounding the loss, there may be different ways that are best to deal with the grief that comes with the loss of a sibling. Here at GoMentor.com, you can get online therapy that can offer assistance with all the emotional difficulties that come with losing a sibling. The age of the siblings will also play a part in the grieving process. No matter the age, there are some basic tips that can help a person deal with the loss of a sibling.
Tips for Dealing with Losing a Sibling
There is a wealth of information available for losing a parent or losing a child, but there appears to be very little dedicated to the special type of grief that comes with losing a sibling. Here are some basic tips that may help.
- Family Time - While parents will be dealing with their own type of grief, it is important for families to come together when there is a death. Surviving children should look to each other - and the parents - for the most help in dealing with the situation, whatever the details.
- Mourning Period - There is nothing wrong with setting aside some time to grieve the loss of a brother or sister. The thing to remember is that there has to be a point where the grieving process ends and life moves on. This time period will be different for everyone, but if it goes on for an extended period of time, it may lead to other issues.
- Stay Active - Staying active and around other people is a good idea to make sure that sadness doesn't overwhelm and take over a person's life.
- Get Help - For some, the emotions tied to losing a sibling may be too much to handle on their own. In these cases, there is nothing wrong with getting therapy for help dealing with the grief.
There are more specific tips and techniques for dealing with losing a sibling, but there is also a better way to learn them.
Therapy for Help With Losing a Sibling
Here at GoMentor.com, you can find trained therapists who specialize in dealing with issues of grief and loss. They can help give the information and advice needed to deal with all the stages of grief in a positive way. It is easy sometimes for people to get caught up in negative behavior after the death of a sibling. Talking to a therapist and learning how to deal with emotions in a healthy way can lessen the chance of other problems developing because of the loss.
Definition of Losing a Sibling
Losing a brother or sister brings with it many emotions. No matter the cause of death or the age of the sibling, it can be a traumatic experience. Because of this, therapy is recommended for dealing with all of the issues that come with losing a sibling.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Losing a Sibling
- Lack of mental alertness
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
I am a Relate trained accredited Relationship Coun...
I am a Relate trained accredited Relationship Counsellor and Psycho sexual therapist with over 20 years experience. I am a general member of BASRT. I am currently training to be a Family Therapist
Hi, I'm Jo
Talking about your problems can be dif...
Hi, I'm Jo
Talking about your problems can be difficult, even with people who love and care about you. sometimes you dont know where to turn. I am here to support you and to respond to you honestly, sensitively and without judgment.
My name is Tony Novissimo and I am a qualified psy...
My name is Tony Novissimo and I am a qualified psychotherapist and a full , accredited member of the BACP. I have been a practicing counsellor in the South West London area for the past eight years.
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties
En coach forsøger at frigøre potentialet i andre mennesker.