I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Intellectual Disabilities. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
People who score very low on mental ability or intelligence tests may be diagnosed with one of several intellectual disabilities. People with these disabilities tend to have difficulties learning new things and adapting well in social situations. Depending on the level or type of the disability, the symptoms may be mild or more severe. The good news is that there is treatment available that can help make life easier. In fact, we even offer online treatment here on GoMentor.com that can help with intellectual disabilities. Before explaining how we may be able to assist, here is some more information about intellectual disabilities and how they may affect your life.
Types of Intellectual Disabilities
These are the main categories used to describe people with an intellectual disability. Please note that the numbers are subjective and will vary from person to person.
- Mild Intellectual Disability - Learning is usually slow, but the ability to learn in a normal setting is possible with the proper assistance. Most symptoms for MID appear in the preschool years, but sometimes problems don't appear until later in life.
- Moderate Intellectual Disability - A person with an IQ between 35 and 50 is said to have a moderate intellectual disability. Learning is usually a little more difficult and extra help is required.
- Severe Intellectual Disability - A person with an IQ between 25 and 40 is said to have a moderate intellectual disability. Learning is usually a more difficult and may not be possible for some, leaving them stuck at a certain level of development.
- Profound Intellectual Disability - An IQ below 20 is referred to as a profound intellectual disability, with there being little hope of a person being able to learn and progress in life.
- Unspecified Intellectual Disability - If there are other circumstances involved or unknown factors, a person may be described as having an unspecified intellectual ability, no matter their IQ.
Symptoms of Intellectual Disabilities
Depending on the exact type of intellectual disability being discussed, the symptoms are going to be a little different. The main indicator will be a low IQ score. Or, if another test is used, a very low score on that. Even before the IQ is known, there may be other signs of a problem with an intellectual disability.
The main symptom of an intellectual disability is trouble learning new things. Others may find themselves having problems with adaptive behaviors - skills needed to survive and thrive in the modern world. There are, of course, many other things that must be looked at to diagnose an intellectual disability. The important thing is to get assistance when it's needed.
Treatment for Intellectual Disabilities
While some may say that there's nothing to be done other than to "babysit" people with intellectual disabilities, here at GoMentor.com we believe that online therapy may help in some cases. With trained therapists that knows how to deal with the special needs of people with these types of disabilities, our online treatment options may be able to help. Before giving up and giving in to a learning disability, it is wise to check out the options that are available. Online treatment for intellectual disabilities here at GoMentor.com may be what provides the help that is needed.
Definition of Intellectual Disabilities
Intellectual disabilities are developmental disorders that appear early and make it difficult for a person to learn effectively. Symptoms primarily include a low IQ score and an inability to acquire new knowledge. Treatment is available with psychotherapy and counseling.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Intellectual Disabilities
- Low IQ or other test scores
- Difficulties learning
- Social problems
- Trouble with interpersonal relationships
- Difficulty with day to day life
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
I am a qualified hypnotherapist based in Brighton,...
I am a qualified hypnotherapist based in Brighton, and a full member of the British Institute of Hypnotherapy, I started my training in 2005, and am currently working privately as a hypnotherapist.
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.