Also known as disorganized schizophrenia, this mental illness causes a chemical imbalance in the brain which results in odd behavior that is generally aimless and not practical or useful in nature. Odd emotional responses are also common symptoms of hebephrenic schizophrenia. There are other risks associated with this type of schizophrenia as well, which is why we consider treatment for all types of schizophrenia to be important. First, here is a more detailed examination of some of the symptoms and dangers of hebephrenic schizophrenia.
Symptoms of Hebephrenic Schizophrenia
When it comes to this type of schizophrenia, these are some of the symptoms that may occur.
- Inappropriate laughter - laughing at situations that aren't funny
- Delusions - believing something that is not true
- Lack of motivation and inability to be a productive member of society
- Bizarre emotional responses that do not "fit" the situation
- An inability to feel pleasure
Dangers of Hebephrenic Schizophrenia
In addition to the symptoms of disorganized schizophrenia, there are other risks that should be considered.
- Self-harm is always a possibility for people who suffer from any psychotic disorder, but in the case of disorganized schizophrenia; the chances may be increased a little because of the aimless nature of the energy people suffering from this experience.
- Harm to others is another real possibility that could cause other negative effects in a person's life.
- While it may not seem major to some, the possibility of leading an aimless life that has no sense of fulfillment is a danger for someone facing hebephrenic schizophrenia.
These are general dangers, but when you think about the symptoms associated with this mental disorder, it is easy to see how they may cause all sorts of negative situations.
Treatment for Hebephrenic Schizophrenia
Online treatment for disorganized schizophrenia here on GoMentor.com combines counseling by trained therapists who specialize in schizophrenia as well as other mental disorders with the communication aspects of the Internet. Psychotherapy, and other online therapy forms, have been shown to be very positive ways to treat the long term effects that hebephrenic schizophrenia can have on your life. The odd behavior and other symptoms of this mental illness can be quite difficult to go through, which is why it is important to get help from people who know how to deal with all the issues that are likely to come up. On GoMentor.com, you can find professionals who offer online treatment for hebephrenic schizophrenia.
Definition of Hebephrenic Schizophrenia
Hebephrenic schizophrenia is a mental illness that affects the chemistry of the brain, causing an imbalance that results in odd or strange behavior. Typically, the erratic behavior has no practical purpose or use. Symptoms of this psychotic disorder include delusions, silly behavior, inappropriate emotional responses as well as other physical and psychological problems. Treatment for "disorganized schizophrenia" is possible with psychotherapy and counseling.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Hebephrenic Schizophrenia
- Inappropriate laughter
- Lack of motivation
- Bizarre emotional responses