I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Dissociative Disorders. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
Dissociative disorders center around an involuntary and unhealthy escape from reality. While it is nice to read a book, watch a movie, or play a video game to get away from the real world for a while, some people have problems with going too far. It is believed that trauma has a lot to do with whether or not a person develops a dissociative disorder. There are various sub-categories that all have slightly different symptoms. Most of them come with risks that should be avoided at all costs. Before showing how the online therapy here at GoMentor.com can help with dissociative disorders, here is some other information you should know. Dealing with a dissociative disorder doesn’t have to be difficult.
Types of Dissociative Disorders
- Dissociative Amnesia - This amnesia is caused by a person blocking out information relating to a traumatic event. In the past it was referred to as psychogenic amnesia.
- Dissociative Fugue - One or more unexpected trips from home during which people cannot remember some or all of their past life, including their identity.
- Dissociative Stupor - This is loss of movement and responsiveness to external stimuli that is not caused by depression or another psychological reason.
- Dissociative Identity Disorder - Once known as multiple personality disorder, this involves a disturbance in identity, with two or more identities affecting a person's behavior.
- Depersonalization Disorder - A person who loses or fails to perceive the reality of the self or the environment around them. The body feels unreal, with some feeling they are outside their body.
- Unspecified Dissociative Disorder - This is diagnosed when there are symptoms from two or more other types of dissociative disorders, but a single cause cannot be determined.
Cause of Dissociative Disorders
Most people who suffer from dissociative disorders are thought to have had a very traumatic childhood, possibly suffering physical, mental or sexual abuse. Because a child's identity is still forming when they are young, it is easier for them to escape the pain of a stressful or harmful situation by stepping outside themselves. After learning to dissociate, they may use this to overcome stressful situations for the rest of their life, causing serious problems for them.
Symptoms of Dissociative Disorders
The symptoms of dissociative disorders vary depending on the specific disorder that is diagnosed, but in general they center around problems with memory, identity, or control of the body that are psychological rather than physiological in nature. A wide range of other emotional and mental problems may also show up as a result of the dissociative disorder, including anxiety, confusion, depression, and all the negative aspects of them.
Treatment for Dissociative Disorders
Because of the seriousness of dissociative disorders and the inability to change the past, it's important that psychotherapy plays a role in treatment for these types of disorders. Here at GoMentor.com, you can book online therapy sessions with therapists who offer online therapy and specialize in dissociative disorders. You can get treatment with methods and techniques that can help a person live a more productive life.
Definition of Dissociative Disorders
Dissociative disorders are caused by psychological reasons. They result in various problems, including loss of memory, loss of movement, and a general breakdown of reality. Both counseling and therapy can help during treatment for any of the many dissociative disorders.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Dissociative Disorders
- Memory problems
- Loss of reality
- Loss of identity
- Loss of sensitivity to pain
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties