I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Depression. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
Depression is a mental state that causes sadness, pessimism, and a general loss of interest in life. While depression is a normal thing for humans to experience, there are various symptoms that may appear as a sign that a depressive disorder may be present. Depending on the type of depression, the signs are going to vary slightly, but they are similar in nature. The danger in depression lies in the possibility of a person taking their own life. Psychotherapy and counseling for depression may be able to help before it gets to that stage. Below is some more that you should know about depression.
Symptoms of Depression
- Concentration problems are frequently associated with depression.
- Bad judgment or trouble making decisions all the time may point to depression.
- Fatigue and a general decrease of energy that lasts for long periods of time might be sign of a depressive disorder.
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or both are frequent for people suffering from depression.
- Extreme pessimism is another symptom of depression that should not be ignored.
- Insomnia, excessive sleeping or other sleep problems might be a sign of depression.
- Loss of interest in life - even sex - may point to depression as a problem.
- Eating problems - either eating too much or not enough - are commonly found in people suffering from depression.
- Physical pains - general body aches as well as headaches - are indicators of depression if they occur frequently and have no other cause.
- Suicidal thoughts and attempts are major symptoms of depression that may occur.
The symptoms range in how dangerous they are, but dealing with any of them on a constant basis can be a terrible way to try to go through life.
Dangers of Depression
The dangers of depression are that they may lead to other mental disorders or death via suicide. Feeling sad and depressed is a normal human emotion, but some people don't recognize the signs of a serious problem with depression before it's too late. This is one of the main risks associated with depression. Withdrawal from society is one of the signs of depression that can make the mental disorder even more dangerous because people are unlikely to see the danger signs before it's too late.
Treatment for Depression
On GoMentor.com, you can find highly skilled therapists who offer therapy for all types of depressive disorders by via the Internet. The symptoms of depression can be difficult to go through, especially alone. Many people are hesitant to get help, thinking they should just "buck up" and get through it. This is a problem, however, because when left untreated, depression can cause serious consequences in your life. If you are ready to get help with your depression and want to try something new, consider booking an online therapy session with one of the listed therapists today.
Definition of Depression
Depression is defined as a mental state that causes extreme sadness, pessimism, and a loss of interest in life. Symptoms of depression include sleep problems, uncontrollable crying, loss of interest in life, as well as other physical and mental signs. Counseling and therapy are two recommended ways to get help with depression. While depression is a normal human state of mind, when it lasts for a long time or is very intense, it may be a sign of bigger problems.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Depression
- Concentration problems
- Bad judgment or trouble making decisions
- Fatigue and a general decrease of energy
- Feelings of guilt and/or worthlessness
- Extreme pessimism
- Excessive sleeping
- Loss of interest in sex
- Loss of interest in life
- Eating problems
- Physical pains
- Suicidal thoughts
- Suicide attempts
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
I am an Accredited Christian Counsellor and Superv...
I am an Accredited Christian Counsellor and Supervisor with over 2000 hours of face to face counselling. I provide a safe and non-judgemental, confidential counselling service, have continuous professional development and am fully insured.
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Occupational therapist’s focus on enhancing people’s ability to perform activities of daily life, be it physically or mentally.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties
Mental health nurses work with people suffering from different mental health conditions.