I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Communication Disorders. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
Communication disorders affect a person's ability to communicate, causing problems with speech, language, hearing, or all three. The exact symptoms will vary according to the particular communication disorder, but they generally revolve around problems with expression. The ability to understand language (comprehension) as well as the ability to speak clearly to others are both affected to some degree. Although rare, there is also a chance that there may be convulsions with acquired aphasia - also known as Landau-Kleffner syndrome. No matter what signs appear, treatment for communication disorders is possible. Here on GoMentor.com, you can find therapists who use online therapy and counseling to help. Before explaining that more clearly, here are some other things you should know about these types of disorders.
Types of Communication Disorders
These are the main types of communication disorders that affect most people.
- Expressive Language Disorder - Children effected by expressive language disorder generally understands language better than they are able to communicate with others.
- Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder - This communication disorder centers around an inability to understand language as well as problems communicating with others.
- Phonological Disorder - Children who do not develop the ability to produce some or all sounds needed for speech are said to have a phonological disorder.
- Acquired Aphasia with Epilepsy - Also known as Landau-Kleffner syndrome, this affects verbal communication, but also has the potential for convulsions.
- Stuttering - This is a disorder that causes people to repeat words or have problems pronouncing words correctly.
- Unspecified Communication Disorder - When the symptoms from some or all of the communication disorders are present, it is referred to as an unspecified communication disorder because it doesn't fit exactly under one of the other categories.
Symptoms of Communication Disorders
The exact symptoms are going to vary depending on the type of communication disorder being talked about, but in general they are going to include the following.
- Trouble speaking or expressing complex ideas is one symptom of a communication disorder.
- Trouble understanding others is another sign that a communication disorder may be a problem.
- Convulsions are sometimes present with communication disorders, although they are rare.
- Repetition of words - stuttering - is a common symptom of a communication disorder.
While all the symptoms may not be present in all people, if some do it may be a good idea to get a proper diagnosis. If a communication disorder is present, there is still hope thanks to treatment options available for this problem.
Treatment for Communication Disorders
Getting online therapy and counseling from trained therapists, helps people with communication disorders. No matter what exact type of disorder is present, you can find therapists on GoMentor.com who can assist with dealing with everything that comes along with it. Whether it is a mild disorder or something more serious, you can find therapists who are available to help. When left untreated, communication disorders can lead to other mental problems like depression. Before letting it get that far, let a therapist on GoMentor.com show you what be done to help with a wide array of communication disorders.
Definition of Communication Disorders
Communication disorders are those that affect speech, language, and hearing. The symptoms vary depending on the particular type of communication disorder, but they generally center around problems communicating. Therapy and counseling are both helpful with the treatment of various communication disorders.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Communication Disorders
- Trouble speaking
- Trouble understanding
- Repetition of words - stuttering
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
I am a qualified hypnotherapist based in Brighton,...
I am a qualified hypnotherapist based in Brighton, and a full member of the British Institute of Hypnotherapy, I started my training in 2005, and am currently working privately as a hypnotherapist.
We are all unique, having differing experiences pr...
We are all unique, having differing experiences producing differing symptoms.
It is important I understand your personal case so I would need to talk with you for 40-50 minutes.
When you have a problem, do you want someone that ...
When you have a problem, do you want someone that can help you as a unique individual? Do you want someone that can help you through that issue and help you avoid similar problems in the future? I provide all this and a money back guarantee
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties