I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Cognitive Disorders. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
Cognitive disorder are those that center around the brain's ability to remember and process information. The causes of these disorders may be physical - head injury or the degeneration of the brain with aging - but they may also be related to substance abuse or other causes. Symptoms of cognitive disorders include difficulties with learning new information as well as general problems with short term memory and other cognitive problems. Depending on the exact type of cognitive disorder present, the treatment options may vary, but the online therapy you can get from trained therapists on GoMentor.com is able to effectively help with the symptoms and dangers typically associated with these types of disorders. Before we get to how you can get help with treatment for cognitive disorders on GoMentor.com, here is a rundown of the types of cognitive disorders and some of the symptoms and dangers that come with them.
Types of Cognitive Disorders
These are the main types of cognitive disorders, as well as the sub-categories related to them.
- Delirium - A disturbance in consciousness over a generally short period of time, usually resulting in a quick change between mental states.
- Substance Intoxication Delirium
- Substance Withdrawal Delirium
- Unspecified Delirium - This is diagnosed when there are symptoms from different types of cognitive disorders or the cause is unknown.
- Dementia - A loss of brain functions that primarily cause memory problems as well as other cognitive impairments.
- Dementia Due to Alzheimer's Disease
- Vascular Dementia
- Dementia Due to HIV Disease
- Dementia Due to Head Trauma
- Dementia Due to Parkinson's Disease
- Dementia Due to Huntington's Disease
- Dementia Due to Pick's Disease
- Dementia Due to Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease
- Substance-Induced Persisting Dementia
- Dementia Due to Multiple Etiologies
- Unspecified Dementia - This is diagnosed when there are symptoms from two or more types of dementia, making it difficult to pin down an exact type of dementia.
- Amnestic Disorders - A discreet memory impairment without symptoms of other cognitive disorders.
- Organic Amnesic Syndrome - When amnesia is not induced by alcohol or other psychoactive substances
- Unspecified Amnestic Disorder - When there are other symptoms beyond those associated with organic amnesic syndrome and the causes are unknown, it is referred to as unspecified amnestic disorder.
- Other Cognitive Disorders - Mild cognitive disorder and unspecified cognitive disorder are two other types of cognitive disorder that may be diagnosed when the symptoms are more mild or there is trouble specifying one particular type of disorder because of multiple symptoms.
Symptoms of Cognitive Disorders
The symptoms of cognitive disorders will vary depending on the specific type, but they generally include problems with the brain's ability to process information or recall it. Problems with short term memory, disorganized thinking as well as other physical and psychological problems are some of the symptoms of cognitive disorders. The mental problems that are caused by these disorder can have a serious negative effect on other areas of a person's life if left untreated.
Dangers of Cognitive Disorders
As mentioned, if left untreated, cognitive disorders can quickly get worse, with the possibility of other mental problems appearing. In addition to this, there are the dangers that someone who has a cognitive disorder will get lost and be unable to find their way home or even remember who they are. When left untreated, these types of disorders can get bad enough that constant supervision is needed. Before it gets that far, depending on the exact cognitive disorder being discussed, there are many different treatment options available that may be able to help.
Treatment for Cognitive Disorders
Depending on the exact type of cognitive disorder that is diagnosed and the causes behind it, treatment is going to vary slightly. That said, the online therapy available here at GoMentor.com combines trained therapists and guided counseling that can help with the symptoms of cognitive disorders, whatever they might be. Counseling is also very helpful with giving support. By listening to others who have similar problems, you can further benefit from the treatment options available here at GoMentor.com. If you are ready to get assistance with the problems associated with cognitive disorders - whatever the reason - hope and help are available.
Definition of Cognitive Disorders
Cognitive disorders cause a significant impairment of cognition, memory or both, either for short or long periods of time depending on the exact type of cognitive disorder. Symptoms will vary, but they will center around cognitive and memory impairments and everything associated with them. Therapy and counseling are recommended for the treatment of cognitive disorders.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Cognitive Disorders
- Rapid changes in mental states
- Poor short term memory
- Disorganized thinking
- Mental problems - language, memory, perception
- Inability to recognize language
- Learning difficulties
- Memory and recall problems
- Trouble with critical thinking
- Reliance on notes and calendars
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
I am a Chartered Psychologist, Executive Coach, a...
I am a Chartered Psychologist, Executive Coach, and Dyslexia expert supporting people wanting to make a transformational change in any aspect of their lives, starting today...
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Occupational therapist’s focus on enhancing people’s ability to perform activities of daily life, be it physically or mentally.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties
Mental health nurses work with people suffering from different mental health conditions.