There are various types of anxiety disorders all with different symptoms. That said, most of them revolve around anxiety - feeling nervous, anxious or worried in public even when there is no need to be. The dangers associated with these types of mental disorders are less than some other mental illnesses, but they can have disastrous effects on a person's life.
Some are unable to function productively in society because of their anxiety disorder. This is why treatment for anxiety disorders should be considered. Here at GoMentor.com, you can get online therapy that can help people with anxiety disorders. Before giving you more information on that, here are some other things you should know about anxiety disorders and how they might affect your life.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
These are some of the different types of anxiety disorders that can cause problems for people.Panic Disorder
- In general a panic disorder is one that causes extreme emotional responses to certain situations in life.Agoraphobia -
This is an intense fear of being stranded in places where help is not available.Anxiety
- Feelings of anxiousness and worry are normal human emotions, but in anxiety disorders, they are exaggerated.Social Phobia
- This anxiety disorder is characterized by intense self-consciousness, nervousness, or shyness.Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- In this particular anxiety disorder, people become trapped repeating patterns of behavior or repeated negative thoughts.Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- PTSD is a mental disorder that is triggered by a large, traumatic event in a person's life and can appear some time after the event.Acute Stress Disorder
- People with this anxiety disorder display extreme anxiety and dissociative feelings within one month of a seriously traumatic event.Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- This type of anxiety disorder is characterized by chronic anxiety, exaggerated worry and tension over things that do not warrant such behavior.Unspecified Anxiety Disorder
- When someone exhibits symptoms from some or all of the other types of anxiety disorders, they are said to have unspecified anxiety disorder.
Knowing the symptoms and dangers of all of the different types of anxiety disorders is helpful for those affected by this disorder.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders
Depending on the exact nature of the anxiety disorder, the symptoms are going to vary, but in general they include extreme anxiety that causes a person to be unable to function in society or go out in public. These can be accompanied by panic attacks, causing a person to suffer physically as well. Beyond the physical symptoms, there are various emotional aspects to these disorders as well.
A feeling of detachment from the world is typical for people with an anxiety disorder. For some, this leads to an inability to leave the house for long periods of time. Exaggerated emotional response is another clear sign of a problem with an anxiety disorder. If the symptoms appear and aren’t handled, they could lead to other mental problems developing.
Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
When it comes to treatment for the various anxiety disorders that exist, there are many options available. One method that is useful is psychotherapy. Here at GoMentor.com you can find trained therapists and psychologists who specialize in anxiety disorders. Whether the problem is panic attacks or any of the other symptoms associated with anxiety disorders, there are solutions that can help.
Definition of Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety disorders are mental illnesses that affect a person's anxiety levels, leaving them unable to function in society. Psychotherapy is very useful in treatment for anxiety disorders.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Anxiety Disorders
- Panic attacks
- Detached feelings
- Feelings that the world is unreal
- Trembling or twitching