I can help you or your loved once move forward overcoming the issues you face in regards to Amphetamine Addiction. Click Read more to find out all about how I can help you and book a session or book me for a Free Pre-Session.
Below you can read a extensive article giving you the basic information and I'm sure you'll find the information relevant and insightful.
What is GoMentor?
On GoMentor you can book online therapy and coaching sessions with psychologists, therapists and coaches.
- Get Skype or Phone Counselling
- Book your sessions and pay online
- +300 individual professionals online
- Save time by conduct sessions from home
Online Therapy & Coaching
Booking sessions on GoMentor is quite easy, all you need to do is:
- Click the "Find Professional" button
- Find a professional that you like
- Find a date/time that suits you
- Enter misc. booking details
- Complete payment online
An addiction to amphetamines can cause disastrous things to happen in your life. For many, amphetamine intoxication can lead to abuse of the drug. Some of the long term symptoms of amphetamine addiction are loss of appetite, weight loss, mood swings, sleep disorders, and various other problems. If you see the signs of amphetamine addiction in your life, treatment will help you get through amphetamine withdrawal. We know how difficult it can be to get clean.
Symptoms of Amphetamine Addiction
When people abuse amphetamines, these are some of the signs and symptoms they may exhibit.
- Loss of Appetite - Going a long time without eating may be a sign of amphetamine addiction.
- Extreme Weight Loss - Along with the above, dramatic weight loss in a short amount of time may point to an addiction to amphetamines.
- Apathy - Not caring about consequences of actions are a sign of addiction as well.
- Feelings of Isolation and Paranoia - These psychotic feelings can get quite bad with heavy amphetamine use.
- Hallucinations - Crawling bugs are common for those going through amphetamine withdrawal while those using may also experience hallucinations.
- Mood Swings - Violent mood swings usually come with an addiction to amphetamines.
- Legal Problems - Along with the apathy mentioned above, a troubling history of encounters with law enforcement may be a sign of drug use.
- Social Problems - Trouble keeping jobs and relationship turmoil may point to amphetamine addiction.
- Sleep Disorders - Staying up for days at a time and crashing hard comes with amphetamine abuse.
Treatment for Amphetamine Addiction
The treatment of amphetamine addiction should include behavioral therapy and a long term recovery program. Besides the side effects of using the drug, there are also serious complications that result from amphetamine withdrawal. On GoMentor.com, trained therapists who know all about the withdrawal symptoms and the psychology behind amphetamine addiction will be able to assist you in recovery. Also, we have a self-help forum where you can get support from other people facing the same things.
Definition of Amphetamine Addiction
Habitual or prolonged use of amphetamines is considered an amphetamine addiction. Symptoms of amphetamine use range from excess energy to loss of appetite to a heightened rate of breathing. Signs of long term amphetamine use include weight loss, irritability, sleep disorders, and problems with the law. Behavioral therapy and recovery programs can help with the treatment of amphetamine addiction.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Amphetamine Addiction
- Loss of Appetite and Weight
- Hallucinations and Paranoia
- Mood swings
- Legal Problems
- Sleep Disorders
GoMentor.com is the world's biggest online therapy and coaching universe with hundreds of therapists and coaches available for online sessions.
We've listed the top professionals in this specialty below.
Depression, Anxiety, Addictions, Personality Probl...
Depression, Anxiety, Addictions, Personality Problems or Eating Disorders, I can teach YOU to become your own best therapist.
Face2face session in the UK and Portugal.
Telephone/video conference sessions worldwide.
Carole Turner, Psychotherapist & Counsellor, provi...
Carole Turner, Psychotherapist & Counsellor, providing help and support to clients in Javea, Calpe, Jalon Valley, Denia, Moraira and Altea on the Costa Blanca in Spain.
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted via Skype
This icon indicates whether the professional offers sessions conducted by phone
This icon indicates whether the professional offers In-Person sessions.
This icon indicates whether the professional
offers sessions conducted by GoMentor video
A coach helps clients determine and achieve their personal goals.
There are several types of psychologists, but most of them aim to treat people in crisis.
Hypnotherapist is a therapist, who works with your own internal resources and capabilities through deep relaxation.
A counsellor is a person, who gives advice, but is non directive.
Psychotherapy is a 'talking' therapy, helping to overcome emotional & behavioral anxieties
Mental health nurses work with people suffering from different mental health conditions.